What do workplace contacts do?
UNISON workplace contacts play different support roles in the workplace, including:
- Making sure members receive union and other important information
- Helping groups of members stay in touch with their union
- Maintaining contact between members and the union where there is an elected steward
- Feeding back workplace concerns and issues to our team of UNISON stewards
Workplace contacts have a more informal role than stewards or safety representatives. They can also operate as part of a network supporting an elected steward.
Where can I get support and advice?
Your own steward, your health and safety rep and your branch are all there to help and support you in whatever you are able to contribute. You can also get advice from regional offices where necessary.
The union will make sure you:
- Receive regular UNISON information
- Are encouraged and enabled to get involved in branch work
- Know where to go for advice on dealing with workplace problems
How do I become a UNISON workplace contact?
To get involved and get more information, fill in your details below: