UNISON Welfare’s Energy Support Fund opens at 10am (16 November). Please be advised that the fund will close once the first 4000 applications have been received. The Energy Support Fund is a one-off, non-repayable grant of £200.
To be eligible for this phase of the fund, members must meet the following criteria:
- Must have 4 weeks of up-to-date membership as of 16 November.
- Must not have received a grant from UNISON Welfare since 31 March 2022 (excluding our School Clothing and Covid grants).
- Must not have more than £1,000 in savings or rolling bank balance.
- Must not have received more than £750 in UNISON Welfare grants if applying within first year of membership.
- Net household income* of no more than £18,200/year (£1,516.67/month) if single and with no children, or £26,000/year (£2,166.67/month) if living with a partner or with children living at home. *Net household income is income after tax, national insurance, and any pension deductions
- Be in receipt of means-tested benefits. This includes:
Child and/or Working Tax Credits
Means-tested Jobseekers Allowance
Means-tested Employment Support Allowance
If members do not meet these criteria, they should not apply. UNISON Welfare’s Winter Fuel Grant will launch in January. And a third phase of the Energy Support Fund will launch in March. More details will be published soon.
Members should ensure they have their membership number ready and click here to apply.
If members are unable to complete the application due to an accessibility issue, they should email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call UNISON Welfare on 020 7121 5620.